City Climb NYC: Ascend To New Heights
City Climb is an experience at the Edge observation deck on top of 30 Hudson Yards, 1,200 feet above the ground.
If you think the Edge is the tallest open-air observation deck in the Western Hemisphere, this is not the limit.
City Climb New York allows visitors to go even higher by climbing to the top of the building.
The experience is not for the fainthearted, but you will definitely love it.
You will climb stairs, ladders, and ramps, and you will even get to lean out over the edge of the building.
Tickets for the experience sell out fast, so it is important to book in advance.
What to Expect at City Climb NYC
The City Climb experience begins with a safety briefing and a practice climb.
Once you are comfortable with the equipment and the procedures, you will begin the ascent to the top of the building.
The climb takes about an hour and offers stunning views of New York City. You can stop to take photos and rest at any time.
Once at the top, you can enjoy breathtaking city views from the highest point in New York City.
You can also lean out over the edge of the building for an even more thrilling experience.
After reaching the top, you will descend back to the observation deck and enjoy the views from a different perspective.
City Climb NYC is an unforgettable experience that allows visitors to see New York City from a new perspective.
As you ascend to new heights, you’ll pass through three captivating areas:
1. The Cliff: A small, open-air platform located 1,190 feet above the ground, providing stunning views of the Hudson River, New Jersey, and more.
2. The Stairs: Climbing 161 stairs from the Cliff to the Apex, you’ll enjoy relatively easier heights. The only challenge here is handling the harness device as you ascend.
3. The Apex: Standing at the Apex means being on the top of the highest observation deck in New York City. Lean down and enjoy the view.
4. Skyline View: The skyline views at City Climb Hudson Yards are incredible!
From there, you’ll have an unobstructed view of iconic landmarks like the Empire State Building, Lower Manhattan, and Central Park.
The staff will help you lean out safely. They’ll show you where to put your feet, and you can decide whether to lean forward or backward.
City Climb NYC Opening Hours
City Climb at Edge NYC is open daily from 9.45 am to 6.45 pm.
The last entry for City Climb is 3 hours before its closure at 3.45 pm, but you can hang out on the outdoor deck until the Edge closes at 10 pm.
How long is the City Climb experience?
The City Climb NYC experience is a thrilling journey that lasts between 90 minutes and two hours, depending on your pace.
This time includes getting suited up, safety checks, meeting climb guides, and the actual climbing time.
City Climb NYC Tickets
City Climb tickets are priced at $201 per person (13+ years), and an adult should accompany children between 13 and 17.
Kids under 12 are not permitted for this activity.
This includes the entire experience, access to photos and videos of your adventure, a commemorative medal to mark your achievement, and entry to the Edge observatory.
|Adult (13 to 99 years)
- City Climb Admission Ticket
- Entry to Edge Observatory Deck
- Video of City Climb Experience
- City Climb Medal
Booking your tickets online is recommended to ensure you secure your preferred time and date.
It will help you save time by directly heading to the City Climb NYC adventure without waiting long for the tickets.
Where to purchase City Climb NYC tickets
Tickets are available online and at the Edge ticket counter. However, we recommend purchasing tickets in advance, especially during peak season.
Online tickets are much cheaper, and you can select the preferred time and date of your visit.
You can also cancel or reschedule your ticket 24 hours before your scheduled visit.
To purchase tickets:
- Go to the booking page.
- Select the date and time of your climb.
- Enter the number of people in your group.
- Review the safety information and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Pay for your tickets.
You will receive a confirmation email with your ticket information.
Be sure to print out your confirmation email or bring it up on your phone on the day of your climb.
Restrictions and Limitations of Edge City Climb Experience
When you arrive at City Climb New Haven, they’ll tell you the important safety stuff and have you sign a form.
You can’t bring loose things like phones or cameras, so you can leave them in a locker room.
The group limit is eight people, with two guides for each group.
The City Climb NYC adventure begins at Base Camp, where you’ll ascend 32 steps to the cliff, the first viewing platform at an impressive height of 1,190 feet.
The real excitement kicks in as you go on the open-air climb, navigating 161 steps on a 45-degree incline.
The City Climb at Edge leads you to the Apex, the second and final viewing platform perched at 1,271 feet.
At the Apex, you’ll have the opportunity to walk around, lean out, and hang over the platform, capturing some of the most exhilarating photos you’ll ever take.
After the City Climb experience, you will have enough time to explore the Edge Observation Deck and toast your success at the Champagne bar.
Things to know before you go to City Climb NYC
Before setting off on your City Climb NYC adventure, here are some essential things to keep in mind:
- The minimum age to participate is 13 years old.
- Your height must fall between 4.9 and 6.7 feet.
- -Weight must be between 65 and 310 pounds.
- Pregnant individuals, those with vertigo, heart conditions, or those under the influence of alcohol should not participate.
- Personal cameras are prohibited; staff members will capture all the pictures for you.- Viewer tickets are available if you prefer not to climb up to the apex.
So, if you’re ready to conquer your fear of heights and experience New York City from a whole new perspective, book your City Climb NYC adventure today!
How to get to City Climb NYC
The Edge City Climb Location is at 30 Hudson Yards (Tenth Ave. & 33rd St.) in Manhattan, New York. It is easily accessible from any part of New York City:
- Take the 7 train to Hudson Yards station at the 34th Street and 11th Avenue intersection.
- Exit the station and walk north on 11th Avenue for one block.
- Turn right onto 33rd Street and walk east for one block.
- The Edge at Hudson Yards will be on your left.
- Take the M12 or M34 bus to Hudson Yards.
- The bus will stop on 34th Street between 10th and 11th Avenues.
- Walk east on 34th Street for one block.
- The Edge City Climb will be on your left.
- Use a GPS to navigate to the Hudson Yards development.
- Several parking garages are available in the area, but can be expensive.
After reaching the Hudson Yards development:
- Head towards the Vessel structure, a large staircase, and a public landmark in the middle of the plaza.
- The City Climb at the Edge is located on the 100th floor of the adjacent building known as 30 Hudson Yards.
- Follow the signs leading to the elevators, which will take you to the top floor of the New York City Climb.
What to wear for City Climb at the Edge NYC
City Climb provides all climbers with a City Climb suit to wear over their clothing. The suits are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
Hence, you are advised to wear comfortable clothing suitable for walking and climbing stairs and appropriate for the current weather conditions.
It is also important to remove any loose items, such as watches and earrings, before climbing.
For safety reasons, you must wear shoes that fully cover your feet up to the ankle, with no openings for toes or heels.
If you do not have the appropriate footwear, they may offer City Climb shoes instead.
Here are some additional tips for what to wear for the Edge City Climb:
- Dress in layers so that you can adjust to the temperature as needed.
- Wear comfortable pants that allow for a full range of motion.
- Avoid wearing skirts or dresses, which can be restrictive and uncomfortable when climbing.
- Wear a hat and sunscreen if you are climbing during the day.
How high is the City Climb?
The NYC City Climb is the highest open-air building ascent in the world.
Climbers scale outside a skyscraper to reach more than 1,200 feet above the ground.
How many stairs is the Edge NYC?
161 stairs climb from The Cliff to The Apex while doing the City Climb NYC adventure.
How long does City Climb take in NYC?
The City Climb Hudson Yards experience typically lasts 90 minutes to two hours, depending on how long you can complete the climb and enjoy the views.
How much does it cost to go to City Climb NYC?
City Climb tickets cost $201 per person. 13 years old is the minimum age requirement to participate.
This price includes the entire experience, photos, videos, a commemorative medal, and access to the Edge observatory.
What do you wear to the climb in NYC?
For City Climb Edge, dress comfortably and cover your toes with your shoes. Please ensure they are weather-appropriate.
You’ll be provided with protective gear and a harness for safety. It is better not to keep loose items like cell phones and cameras with you.
How many floors are in City Climb?
City Climb NYC is located above the Edge Observation Deck, at 1200 feet above the ground.
The final destination after a climb lies on the 101st floor. From here, you can lean down and look out.
Is the City Climb in NYC worth it?
Absolutely! City Climb NYC is definitely worth it if you love adventure and want to see New York City from incredible heights.
City Climb Edge is a thrilling experience you’ll remember forever.
Can I bring a camera or my own recording device?
No, you cannot bring a camera or your own recording device to the City Climb.
For safety reasons, all loose items, including cameras, must be kept in a free locker during the climb.
Will City Climb be open year-round in all weather conditions?
Yes, City Climb will be open year-round in most weather conditions.
However, it may be delayed or closed due to high winds, heavy rain, lightning, or extreme temperatures.
This is to ensure the safety of climbers and climb guides.
What kind of shoes should I wear?
You must wear shoes that cover your entire foot, up to the ankle, without any toe or heel openings.
City Climb shoes are available if your shoes do not meet the specifications.
Can I drink alcohol before my climb?
Your blood alcohol reading must be below 0.080 to participate in the City Climb.
You will be breathalyzed at check-in. If you test over the limit, you cannot climb.
If you refuse to be breathalyzed, you cannot participate, and your ticket will not be refunded.
Where’s the best place for my family and friends to watch me from?
Your family and friends can cheer you on from the Edge deck as you reach the top of City Climb.
They can then meet you after the climb for a victory lap at Edge and toast champagne in the sky.
Is there a secure place to put my belongings during my climb?
Yes, free lockers will be available for you to store your belongings. At Edge, regular-sized bags and backpacks are accepted.
No large bags or luggage can fit in the lockers.
Hudson Yards reserves the right to check any bags for security reasons.
By visiting Edge, climbers and visitors agree to such inspections.
Can I bring medication on the climb?
No loose items are permitted on the City Climb Experience at Edge. There will be time before and after the climb for taking medication.
You can keep any medication in the free lockers provided.
Please ensure you are free from any impairments due to medication before checking in for a Climb session.
Can I change or cancel my booking?
City Climb tickets are non-refundable and booked for a specific time and date.
Can I do group bookings?
City Climb has a maximum capacity of 8 guests per time slot.
If you are looking for a party larger than 8, you must book multiple time slots.
Featured Image: NYPost.com